Skip to content

Module Catalogue

Breadcrumbs navigation

MN5498   Group Dissertation

Academic year(s): 2017-2018

Key information

SCOTCAT credits : 60

ECTS credits : 30

Level : SCQF Level 11

Semester: Full Year

Availability restrictions: Not available as an optional module for any programme.

Planned timetable: Workshops to be arranged.

This module provides students with the opportunity to undertake an in-depth investigation into issues within the field of business and finance. They are required to prepare a 15,000 word (approximately) report dissertation detailing justified conclusions and recommendations. Training in methodology will be provided to students in semesters 1 and 2 as preparation for the dissertation. Supervision of the dissertation is also provided. Each group will comprise up to 6 students. The group dissertation will comprise 70% of the assessment; the remaining 30% will be awarded for an individual report and log book. The individual report should either critically reflect upon working in a multi-cultural project team or on a specific topic related to the group project in both cases the exact topic for the individual report will require supervisor approval.

Relationship to other modules

Anti-requisite(s): You cannot take this module if you take MN5499 or take MN5497

Learning and teaching methods and delivery

Weekly contact: 16 x 2-hour lectures/workshops. Students will then be given 6 hours of supervision.

Assessment pattern

As used by St Andrews: 15,000 word group dissertation report = 70%, 3,000 word individual report = 30%


Re-assessment: No Re-Assessment Available

Personnel

Module coordinator: Ms J F Brooks
Module teaching staff: Ms J F Brooks, Supervisory team